You can now using Powershell Direct to easily manage and run Powershell cmdlet and script directly inside a virtual machine.
- Host – Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016
- Guest VM – Windows 10 or Windows Server 2016
- Guest credential
- Running as Hyper-V Administrator
- VM on locally and booted
Powershell Remoting to Windows Server 2012 R2
- Failed with an error message. We need to configure it in order to make it work.
But the game has changed with Powershell Direct on Windows Server 2016 TP3
- Work on VM without network connectivity
- Work on VM with Windows Firewall enabled
[ Test Powershell Direct]
|Enter-PSSession –VMname (name)|
Able to connect to the virtual machine without any extra configuration. From here, you can execute powershell cmdlet.
Example: Install Web Application Proxy for ADFS
How do you find Powershell Direct? Cool right! Just give it a try yourself on Powershell Direct.