With v10, you can now deploy AHV proxy from VBR Console.
Before you jump to deployment, remember to follow this pre-requisite:
1. Veeam Backup & Replication v10
2. Download the plug-in and install on Veeam Backup Server
3. DNS Server
- configure A record & PTR record for Veeam Backup Server, AHV Proxy & Nutanix Cluster
4. optional - set static on the host file
5. Add Nutanix Cluster using DNS name rather than IP Address. DO NOT USE IP ADD. [MUST]
5. Add AHV Proxy using DNS name rather than using IP Address. DO NOT USE IP ADD. [MUST]
Most likely error encountered when deploying AHV proxy:
Error 1: AHV Proxy service not started
Issue:- Wrong mapping name resolution.
Resolution:- Try using dynamic IP when deploying AHV Proxy. After Proxy deploys, take note on IP address on Nutanix Web Console & make changes on dns server & host files.
Error 2:- Backup REST error.
Issue:- Wrong mapping name resolution on Nutanix Cluster & Proxy
Resolution:- Re-check host files and DNS records. or check certificate on Nutanix Web Console. Make sure the validity date is valid.
Validity certificate must after your date. This happened when you just set up 1st Nutanix Cluster. By default, CVM is using UTC timezone & certificate date is after a day. If that's the case, change the timezone, regenerate new certificate or wait a day before deploy AHV Proxy from VBR console
Error 3:- Timeout was reached
Issue:- Incorrect use IP address
Resolution:- Duplicate ip when static & Nutanix Network DHCP or internal DNS. AHV Proxy getting multiple IP
DO NOT USE IP ADDRESS
when adding Nutanix Cluster & AHV Proxy.