Today i'm going to share our new server for our lab purpose. Pre-order HX90 from Minisforum in Nov, select the barebone model & target to ship on early Dec 2021.
During Nov, I start to order my remaining parts
- 1 unit of Nvme 1TB - Kingston KC2500 (Total 1TB)
- 2 units of SSD 1 TB - Kingston A400 (Total 2TB)
- 2 units of ADATA SODIMM Memory - 32GB (Total 64 GB)
Requirement for memory that supported on this machine:
- DDR 4
- No XMP Support
- CL 22
You need to wait patiently when ordering from minisforum. Here is my shipping tracking:
- Dec 1, 2021- Receive tracking info. The product has been sent for export custom clearance
- Dec 11, 2021 - Product released by export custom. FedEx pick up product. In transit from Hong Kong.
- Dec 12, 2021 - Transit to Taiwan -> Philipines -> China
- Dec 13, 2021 - Transit from China -> Malaysia. Product cleared from custom & transit to local courier warehouse
- Dec 14, 2021 - Safely received the product from FedEx at night. Shipping from FedEx was fast as it is International Priority Shipping.
Time for assembling the beast ....
Carefully unscrew, plug in memory, nvme & SSD. Complete the entire process within 30 minutes. You may want to check out the process from this youtube video:
The size is almost similar to mac mini m1 but a bit bulky. Power on the machine & configure BIOS.
Change VRAM setting to 2GB. The default setting set to 512MB. To learn how to change, click https://youtu.be/GDm-yPjJH8c
Plug-in USB and install Windows 10. Don't trust the reliability of Windows 11 after hearing some several news on AMD bugs, printer drivers & recently nvme performance issues. The product can support Windows 11 if you want to.
Install the drivers provided by Minisforum. You can download it from https://www.minisforum.com/support/38
Audio driver, AMD Chipset & Graphic, you need to download from AMD:- https://www.amd.com/en/support
8 cores, 16 thread
64 GB RAM
To learn more about the product specification, please feel free to visit Minisforum:- https://store.minisforum.com/products/hx90