On Veeam v10, we can now have Fast Clone capabilities on Veeam Repository for both Platform
- Windows Platform - ReFS file system
- Linux Platform - XFS file system
In this post, we are going to look at Linux XFS.
[On Linux Server]
Create XFS file system on dev/sdb
mkfs.xfs -b size=4096 -m reflink=1,crc=1 /dev/sdb
Create a mount point
mount /dev/sdb /backups
View the mount point
To avoid mount point loss after system restart, you need to enter into /etc/fstab
/dev/sdb /backups xfs defaults 0 0
[On Veeam Backup Server]
Add Linux Repository into Veeam Console.
1. Add Linux as Managed Server first
2. Add Backup Repository
3. Select Direct Attached Storage
5. Enter Repository Name
6. Select your managed linux server and select partition which contained xfs partition
7. Tick "Use Fast cloning"
8. Select mount server and click till end of the wizard
9. You've successful added a linux repository into your environment.