On my previous blog, i’ve mentioned about built-in performance host without SCOM. Do you really can abandon SCOM? Well, not really. You are still require to integrate with SCOM and VMM 2012 in order to achieve PRO TIPS (Performance and Resource Optimization).
The current version of VMM 2008 R2, require a lot of configuration in order to do integration. I’ve blog about this on my previous blog:- Click here.
The product group has change the integration with SCOM and VMM 2012 with more simplifying experience. Here is the step that you should configure:-
a) Install IIS Management Pack in SCOM
b) Install SQL Management Pack in SCOM
c) Install SCOM Console in VMM 2012
d) Enable PowerShell 2.0 on all SCOM management server
Do you need to install VMM 2012 Administrator Console on RMS or Management Server? Well, you can skip this process as it no longer require.
1. Click on Settings | System Center Settings | Operation Manager Server
2. Right click | Modify. VMM will detect that there is no current integration and will walk you through a simple wizard to setup the connection
3. Enter SCOM Server name and administrative credential for the management group.
3. Specify VMM Administrator role user account to configure connection from SCOM to VMM.
4. Tick Enable PRO
5. Review the setting and click Finish
6. During the connection, VMM will transfer the relevant management pack to SCOM. Go to SCOM server and verify the management pack has imported to the system.
7. Return to VMM and verify the connection status is OK. Compare to VMM 2008 R2, you do not have connection status which is impossible for us to verify the connection.
You can disable the integration and PRO from Operation Manager Settings.
8. Click on Management Pack, you can see the same MP as SCOM along with the version. Both reported the same version.
You’ve completed the configuration. We will explore more soon..