In our lab, we have deployed
- Ubuntu Server 19.10. You can download from https://ubuntu.com/download/server and install into VM
- Edit VMX configuration and set disk.enableUUID="TRUE" on the VM
1. Use VBR Console to add as manage Servers.
2. Select Linux & follow the wizard
3. Then add as Backup Proxy & point to the server that you've added during the previous step
4. You will get an error message if did not modify the VM configuration file.
5. If no issue, it will prompt to restart proxy to finish the configuration.
Do note that Linux proxy only can use "hot add" mode.
Limitation of this Linux proxy:
Cannot use for
a) File share backup
b) VM Copy
c) Replication over WAN Accelerator