Tuesday, December 1, 2020
Saturday, November 28, 2020
In this blog, we are going to look into two deployment scenarios for protecting Microsoft O365 using Veeam.
Tuesday, November 3, 2020
On Veeam v10, we can now have Fast Clone capabilities on Veeam Repository for both Platform
- Windows Platform - ReFS file system
- Linux Platform - XFS file system
In this post, we are going to look at Linux XFS.
[On Linux Server]
Create XFS file system on dev/sdb
mkfs.xfs -b size=4096 -m reflink=1,crc=1 /dev/sdb
In this post, we are going to create a new disk partition on Centos 8.2.
Command use is fdisk. Open your terminal and type the following command:
Note: to list your current disk.
Empty disk is /dev/sdb - 100 GB
You have successful created a 100GB partition.
Saturday, October 31, 2020
Friday, October 30, 2020
Tuesday, October 27, 2020
Just completed the exam and passed VMCE 2020. Here is some information about the VMCE 2020 prep:-
1. 50 questions. Estimate time 50 minutes. (extension time till 90 minutes)
2. You can take an online proctor exam or physical VUE center. Please book your exam from https://home.pearsonvue.com/VEEAM/onvue. Exam cost USD144
3. Min passing score is 70%
4. Require to attend official instructor-led training before taking an exam.
5. Question covered product on Veeam backup and replication, Veeam Agent for Windows/Linux and Veeam One. The product version is 10a.
6. Content that should familiar with
- Hyper-V Platform
- Vmware Platform
- Physical Platform
in term of backup, replication & backup verification (Data Lab) & monitoring & reporting.
Included with updated features such as
- NAS backup
- Object Storage
- New Backup policy retention
- New Backup Copy Job Type
Do study & familiar on those covered on official training material & user guide
Sample practice test.
There are 3 samples test that you can try on the below link. Best to test on your weakness & strength of each module.
Lastly, the most important is to play around with your lab environment.
Familiar with veeam UI, configuration & features of Veeam v10a.
That's all for today. Good luck with your preparation for VMCE 2020!
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Last year’s ebook, SysAdmin Horror Stories Vol1 by Altaro, highlighted some of SysAdmins’ funniest and most horrifying stories. It proved so successful, that Altaro decided to produce a second edition this year: they’ve gathered some more real-life stories to share with you, that are both funny and horrific!
We all know that a SysAdmin’s job is no easy task, and apart from constantly having systems to update, bugs to fix and users to please, SysAdmins encounter all sorts of situations throughout their careers. From tech situations to funny anecdotes, terrible mishaps or incidents with colleagues, this eBook includes real stories of what SysAdmins go through on a daily basis.
It’s very easy to download as no registration is required. Click on Download and it’s yours. It includes more than 20 short stories but this one is my personal favourite
Sunday, September 27, 2020
In the previous video, we have explored on architect VMware data protection.
Let explore Hyper-V data protection. Check out the video below
Saturday, September 26, 2020
Monday, September 21, 2020
This is my first test on lightboard project. The project was doing an architect veeam solution for vmware platform.
Friday, September 18, 2020
In this video, we are going to look at how to recover one drive data using Veeam.
Interested to learn about another O365 recover, please refer to the previous video
a) Configure Object Storage - Click here
b) Exchange Online Recovery - Click here
c) Sharepoint Online Recovery - Click here
Thursday, September 17, 2020
You missed previous video, please check below:
1. Configure to backup Microsoft O365 to object storage - click here
2. Recover Exchange Online - click here
In this post, we are going to look on to recover SharePoint online using Veeam
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Saturday, September 12, 2020
Thursday, September 10, 2020
Saturday, September 5, 2020
Continue from Part 1 video:- Integrate with HPE Storeonce, in this video, we will start to configure a backup job and Catalyst Copy from Veeam Console. HPE Catalyst Copy configuration is available on Veeam v10.
Friday, September 4, 2020
In this video, we are going to look into how to transfer backup data to a service provider that provides Backup as A Service (BaaS) using Veeam technology.
Tuesday, September 1, 2020
Monday, August 31, 2020
Sunday, August 16, 2020
In this post, we are explore on how to migrate old backup data from veeam backup repository to dedup appliance such as HPE Storeonce. View the detail
Monday, August 10, 2020
SysAdmin Day has arrived, and with it, gratitude for all the unsung heroes that 2020 has needed. Your hard work has made it possible for all of us to keep going, despite all challenges thrown our way. Now it is Altaro’s turn to thank YOU.
If you are an Office 365, Hyper-V or VMware user, celebrate with Altaro. Just sign up for a 30-day free trial of either Altaro VM Backup or Altaro Office 365 Backup – it's your choice!
What can you win?
• Receive a €/£/$20 Amazon voucher when you use your trial of Altaro Office 365 Backup or Altaro VM Backup
• Get the chance to also win one of their Grand Prizes by sharing your greatest 2020 victory with Altaro in an up to 60-seconds video.
What are you waiting for? Sign up now!
Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Friday, July 3, 2020
Friday, June 26, 2020
Let me share my experience.
- A quiet place, room with only a desk and chair
- No notice board or paper.
- Using Macbook Pro with built-in webcam & built-in microphone.
- Do system test before the exam
- Book exam - https://home.pearsonvue.com/Test-takers/OnVUE-online-proctoring.aspx
- Begin Exam button only available 30 minutes before exam time.
- Do pre-requisite check, verification check & send a picture using a mobile phone
- I waited 15 min after my scheduled exam time. Just continue to wait till proctor start chat windows.
- Proctor does another round of checking using laptop webcam on the surrounding environment. Communication with proctor using a microphone.
- Then, proctor will advise you to turn off your phone and leave it outside the room.
- No paper/pen on the desk
- After everything passed, the exam will begin
- 1 case study
- Total 48 question
- 2hour 10 minute
- Microsoft Learn AZ-104 - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/learn/certifications/exams/az-104
- Initial study material
- Got Azure Lab to play around without subscription
- Pluralsight Azure Course (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced) - https://app.pluralsight.com/paths/certificate/microsoft-azure-administrator-az-103
- Great content to learn more
- Whizlab Azure AZ-103 - https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-exam-az-103-certification/
- Whizlab Azure AZ-104- https://www.whizlabs.com/microsoft-azure-certification-az-104/
- Both video courses follow the exam objective. Included with a great hand on lab video on how it works.
- Whizlab Practice Test - a great practice test exam to test your knowledge and bridge the gap in your understanding. Identify your weakness & study till you expert on a specific topic.
I hope this helps!
Good Luck on your exam
Saturday, June 6, 2020
Tuesday, May 12, 2020
Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Monday, April 20, 2020
Sunday, April 19, 2020
Saturday, April 18, 2020
Wednesday, April 15, 2020
In our lab, we have deployed
- Ubuntu Server 19.10. You can download from https://ubuntu.com/download/server and install into VM
- Edit VMX configuration and set disk.enableUUID="TRUE" on the VM
2. Select Linux & follow the wizard
4. You will get an error message if did not modify the VM configuration file.
Do note that Linux proxy only can use "hot add" mode.
Limitation of this Linux proxy:
Cannot use for
a) File share backup
b) VM Copy
c) Replication over WAN Accelerator
Tuesday, April 14, 2020
Monday, April 13, 2020
Sunday, April 12, 2020
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Saturday, April 4, 2020
Friday, April 3, 2020
Lab environment:- Veeam Backup & Replication v10
Here is my test result:
Test 1: Instant VM Recovery
Test 2: Full VM Restore (Entire disk recovery)
Test 3: Instant Disk Recovery
Test 4: Storage Snapshot
Hope this helps.
Wednesday, April 1, 2020
1. AHV Cluster registration
2. Nutanix snapshot aware
3. Linux FLR
4. License management
5. Instant VM recovery to Vmware
7. Centralized AHV appliance deployment
The AHV Backup Proxy v2 provides enhancement such as:-
a) Native deduplication appliance support (DDBoost, Catalyst)
b) Snapshot-only job
c) Restore from Protection Domain created, user-created snapshot (VM, file-level, disk)
d) Multi-User VAN UI
e) Email job status notification
f) drive exclusion
g) Schedule Active Full (no synthetic full yet)
h) Community Edition support
i) Restore any backup to AHV
j) Proxy snapshot protection job
Check out below step on how to add Nutanix Cluster, Linux Appliance and AHV Proxy v2
Step 1:- Add Nutanix Cluster
Step 3: Provide credential that able to connect to Nutanix Cluster
Step 4: Provide Linux FLR Appliance ip address. Use when to recover Linux file-level recovery
Step 5: Apply the configuration.
Step 5: After complete adding Nutanix Cluster, you can proceed to add AHV Proxy or later.
Step 7: Define proxy name & size. You can define vcpu, vmemory & concurrent task.
Step 8: Provide DNS for AHV Proxy & define ip address (either use static or dhcp)
Step 10: Specify which repository to allow access
Step 11: Apply the setting. Veeam will start to push the installer, create a new VM and apply the setting. It is crucial that the entire setting use DNS name.
Configuration completed. You able to click on Web Console. System will open web browser to access AHV proxy.
Hope this guide help.
Good Luck with your deployment.