This is Part 1 of the tools.
- Create any Windows VM operating system. We used Win 10.
- Install SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS). It require the latest DAC library installed.To download, click here
- Add Service endpoint on virtual network. Go to Virtual Network > Add Service Endpoint > Microsoft.SQL
- On SQL Database, open Azure SQL Database Firewall to allow access to the VM
Tool 1: Export a Data Tier Application Using SSMS
- Open SSMS Tools and Connect to your Azure SQL Database
- Right click select your database > Tasks > Export Data Tier Application
It will create BACPAC file which will create an exact copy of the database.
This process is manual procedure.
Review Part 2 here.