In order to familar with new operating system, the best is test MacOS on a virtual machine. While google around, manage to find a post from hackintosher which provide the guide to download the vmdk. A bit tricky is when running AMD processor and here is my tweak
- AMD Ryzen 5 2400G
- Vmware Workstation 14
- Download vmdk (special for AMD processor) from here.
- Unlock MacOS setting by download unlocker 2.1.1 from here. Execute win-install.cmd with "Run as Administrator"
- Create a new VM with the custom setting, attach the existing disk (SATA) and maintain existing Format. Don't power on the vm first. Modify the following settings:
- Processor - enable Virtualize Intel VT or AMD-V
- Modify vmx settings
- Add new entry: smc.version = "0"
- VirtualHW.version = "10"
- firmware = "bios"
- Boot up VM and install Vmware Tool. Use from VMware Unlocker 2.1.1\VMware Unlocker 2.1.1\tools\darwin.iso
- Voila! You have MacOS Sierra running with your AMD processor