To protect Nutanix Acropolis, you need three components
1. Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 3a
2. Veeam Proxy Appliance. Refer to http://www.ms4u.info/2018/07/deploy-veeam-proxy-for-nutanix.html
3. Veeam Backup Repository (not supported scale out backup repository & dedup appliance).
Veeam Availability for Nutanix AHV requires a Veeam backup server and Veeam backup repository as a target for backups of AHV VMs. These components can be deployed via Veeam Backup & Replication.
Veeam Backup Server is require to configure backup copy, tape out and perform granular item level recovery.
To configure the policy on v1, you need to access to proxy web UI. Here is the screenshot of Veeam Virtual Appliance
a single pane of glass to monitor AHV VM protection, job status, repository status, backup server status and events history.
Configure backup policy and view backup history
To perform recovery VM and virtual disk
In this page, you can perform administrative configuration such
1. Integration with Veeam Backup Server
2. Integration with Nutanix Cluster
3. Manage Veeam Proxy Appliance such as create support log, backup catalog and some settings