In this post, we are going to look on how to use Direct Restore feature on Free edition veeam backup & replication v9.5.
Previously we cannot use an existing Virtual Appliance on Azure MarketPlace. We talk about it here:- http://www.ms4u.info/2017/03/error-unsupported-storage-version-9.html
Let execute direct restore veeam backup data & provision a linux VM on Microsoft Azure
1. Create a Windows Virtual machine on Microsoft Azure
2. Install Veeam Backup & Replication v9.5 - Free Edition
3. Transfer existing veeam backup data to Azure
4. Add Microsoft Azure profile into Veeam Server
4. Without add any Hypervisor host. Just use Restore option
5.Point to veeam backup data
6. Select Restore to Microsoft Azure option
7. Proceed to enter some setting to restore Vmware VM to Microsoft Azure.
8. We are restoring a linux VM. A helper appliance VM is created to assist on restore & conversion VM
I've posted an entire process in this video.