1. Download the HPE StoreOnce Catalyst from HPE. Get the link below
2. Extract it and import into Vmware/Hyper-V Host. Depend on which platform that you download from HPE website.
3. By default, it will require 2 vcpu, 16GB of memory and disk 1 use 50GB. Create a thin provisioning disk - 1TB as 2nd Disk.
4. Boot up the VSA. Login using the following credential
net set wizard to start the configuration
6. Follow the wizard to configure the network setting. Below is the screen shot of our configuration
- DNS - 192.168.0.149, 188.8.131.52
- Use Single Port
- Static ip address - 192.168.0.206,
- Subnet mask
- Gateway - 192.168.0.254
Once complete the configuration, you can use browser. Just use the static ip that you have entered in previous step.
- Primary Transfer Policy - Low Bandwidth
- Physical Disk size - 500GB
Set permission (Storeonce Catalyst | Clients | Add)
- Client - Veeam
- Description: Veeam Backup
- Password : (secret)
- Allow catalyst store creation, manage server properties, manage client permission
Simply right!. We just setup HPE StoreOnce Catalyst VSA and configure a Store. We will use this as Veeam backup repository in our next port.
To get HPE StoreOnce Catalyst -1TB free, please go to link