Data store in File Storage is just cost $0.08 per GB/month (LRS) for Southeast Asia pricing.
Note:- Price is different depend on region.
Each File share can store data up to 5TB.
- Azure Windows VM - Windows Server 2012
- Azure Linux VM - Centos 7
- Veeam Agent for Windows [Server Edition] - https://www.veeam.com/blog/veeam-agent-windows-public-beta-available.html
- Veeam Agent for Linux [Server Edition] - https://www.veeam.com/blog/veeam-agent-linux-is-available.html
- Azure Files
- file share - ms4ustorage01
[ Backup ]
Once Veeam Agent for Windows has installed on Windows VM, customer can configure target to shared folder.
Enter shared folder path & authentication
- Username - storage name
- Password - Azure Storage Primary Key
On Linux VM, before you configure backup job, customer need to configure mounting point.
sudo mount -t cifs //ms4ustorage01.file.core.windows.net/ms4u-azurerepo01 [mount point] -o vers=3.0,username=ms4ustorage01,password=[storage account access key],dir_mode=0777,file_mode=0777
Configuration on Veeam Agent for Linux target, set to Local instead of shared folder.
Backup completed without any issue.
In case of any disaster, customer can easily retrieve backup data from Azure File Storage