"Veeam's Next Big Things"
Let recap summary of the session :
1. Vision & Veeam
2. IDC report
3. [speed to 36 minutes] ...Start with introduction about scenario
Current Veeam version focus on private cloud & virtualization workload with Veeam Availability Suite.
Then for service provider/reseller that would like to setup BaaS or DraaS, can leverage on Veeam Cloud Connect.
To protect virtual machine on Public Cloud & on-premise physical server, you can deploy Veeam Agent.
Moving forward for DR automation, you can use Veeam Availability Orchestrator to build recovery plan, test your recovery & finally document it.
To service provider or Enterprise who would like to manage as service, they can use Veeam Managed Backup Portal & Veeam Cloud Connect.
Now are you ready for the Next Big Things?
Introducing "Veeam Availability Platform for the Hybrid Cloud"
It is not a single product but a combination of multiple product for Hybrid Cloud
- RTPO less than 15 minutes for all application & data with Disaster Recovery Orchestration
- Workload mobility across any cloud or location
- Proactive monitoring, reporting & automated testing & documentation for compliance
Next is new products and features announcement:
1. Veeam Availability Suite v9.5
- Integration with Nimble Storage
- Direct Restore to Microsoft Azure
- Vmware vCloud Director Support
- Full Integration with Windows Server 2016 & Microsoft 2016 products
- New:- Enterprise Scalability Enhancement
- New : Advanced ReFS Integration
With integration, you can
- reduce production impact with faster backup via fast cloning technology
- reduce backup storage consumption with spaceless full backup
- avoid data loss & corruption with data integrity stream
- New:- Veeam One 9.5 Chargeback features for enterprise & service providers, ability to charge for consumed resources & will available to Vmware vSphere, Vmware vCloud & Microsoft Hyper-V
Veeam Availability Suite 9.5 will available to public by Oct 2016. To know more, click https://go.veeam.com/v9-5
2. Veeam Agents
Introducing availability for workload for physical server & public cloud virtual machine with Veeam Agents. Features:-
- application aware processing
- retention options
- backup directly to sevice provider or primary datacenter with Veeam Cloud Connect
Veeam agents will
- license per agents
- annual subscription with 24.7.365
- available for free, workstation & server version
- Veeam agents for Windows will available by December 2016
- Veeam agents for Linux will available by November 2016
Free version of Veeam agent for Windows will included features such as:
- support for Windows Server 2016
- source side encryption
- Optional active fulls
- core processing engine improvements
- application item recovery options (integration with Veeam Backup & replication 9.5)
- Iinstant recovery to Hyper-V VM (integration with Veeam Backup & replication 9.5)
- Restore directly to Azure (integration with Veeam Backup & replication 9.5)
3. Veeam Availability Orchestrator
Provide orchestration disaster recovery whether execute, test , document disaster recovery plan.
It will be priced per VM, annual subscription & customer must buy Veeam Availability Suite. It will available by Q1 2017. Beta targeted by September 2016. To know more, go to https://go.veeam.com/orchestration
4. Veeam Cloud Connect
Veeam Cloud Connect is a key features to move workload to different location either public cloud, own datacenter or service provider datacenter
With Veeam Cloud Connect , you able to
- transfer backup offsite
- replicate VM to offsite
5. Veeam Availability Console
It enable workload between different location either public or private cloud.
In term of licensing, it will be available for service provider & enterprise. This product will act as framework to manage Veeam Availability Platform ( VBR / Veeam Agent). Target to release by Q1 2017.
6. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365
This product will integrate with Veeam Backup & Replication @ on-premise to backup office365.
Target release date is Q4 2016.
Promotion to existing customer:-
Integration with IBM Spectrum Storage !
Missed the session? no worry. To view recording, please click here.