Our previous article:
P2V Tool :- http://www.ms4u.info/2014/05/list-of-p2v-tool-to-vhd.html
V2V Tool: - http://www.ms4u.info/2014/05/list-of-vmdk-to-vhd-conversion-tools.html
Recently we found out that Veeam solution also able to perform the same function but the unique part is able to perform Physical to Virtual Machine Conversion (either Hyper-V or Vmware) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) Conversion.
To achieve this process, you need:
- Veeam Endpoint Backup
- Veeam Backup and Replication
Here is a quick walk through on the solution:
1. Perform backup of entire volume using Veeam Endpoint Backup. Refer to http://www.ms4u.info/2016/03/backup-your-laptop-or-physical-server.html about Veeam Endpoint Backup. ver1.5
2. Transfer your backup to Veeam Backup and Replication Repository.
3. Use Veeam Backup and Replication Console to "export disk contents as virtual disk"
- VMDK - Vmware format
- VHD or VHDX - Hyper-V format
At the end, you will get a virtual disk according to your hypervisor platform.