Thursday, March 24, 2016
Companies should learn to be more proactive instead waiting for a disaster to happen and be reactive only until there’s a service outage within their IT department. The problem is that a many companies don’t know where or how to get started because they have a lot of infrastructure that needs to be monitored.
As a first step, IT needs to understand the business: all good designs come from understanding your IT services data dependencies and knowing how they relate to one another. Then they need to find out what are the best tools available today.
A great platform to monitor components, and which a lot of people are familiar with is Microsoft System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). There’s a lot of useful information within SCOM that can be used by the relevant personas in the organization, except that the presentation layer and the way it is organized within SCOM is not how those other personas look at IT. SCOM is still pretty technical and is all about components.
Looking at the personas in the IT service delivery organization, you will see that engineers definitely can work with SCOM. However, it usually takes them a while to figure out how they can easily get to the root-cause of a service outage, and what the business impact is of this outage will be.
Savision’s new whitepaper: "Business Service Management with System Center" shows how to stay in control of your business services and make the most out of SCOM. The whitepaper is written by three experts: Microsoft MVP Robert Hedblom, Savision’s Co-Founder & VP of Product Management Dennis Rietvink, and Approved Consulting’s CEO & Solution Architect Jonas Lenntun.
Click here if you would like to download the whitepaper.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
You can get it FREE from Azure MarketPlace.
- Cold DR,
- test or development environment
- migration tool to Microsoft Azure
- Veeam Endpoint Backup [FREE] :- https://www.veeam.com/endpoint-backup-free.html
- Veeam Backup Free Edition [FREE]:- https://www.veeam.com/virtual-machine-backup-solution-free.html
- Veeam Backup and Replication :- https://www.veeam.com/vm-backup-recovery-replication-software.html
- restore Windows based VM from Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
- max 1TB Azure Disk limit still apply per VM disk.
- Vmware or Hyper-V VM can restore to Microsoft Azure.
Note:- In this wizard, you can change your VM settings and map according to your Azure infrastructure. Azure Storage & Azure Network need to firstly define before restore your virtual machine.
Give it a try. It work like a charm.
What you'll learn in this eBook:
- Diagnosing and remediating Storage, CPU, Memory, and Network performance issues
- Using Windows Performance Monitor and PAL to facilitate system and VM monitoring
- Manage planning of Hosts, VMs, Storage, Networking, to minimize the risk of performance issues.
Monday, March 21, 2016
Our previous article:
P2V Tool :- http://www.ms4u.info/2014/05/list-of-p2v-tool-to-vhd.html
V2V Tool: - http://www.ms4u.info/2014/05/list-of-vmdk-to-vhd-conversion-tools.html
Recently we found out that Veeam solution also able to perform the same function but the unique part is able to perform Physical to Virtual Machine Conversion (either Hyper-V or Vmware) and Virtual to Virtual (V2V) Conversion.
To achieve this process, you need:
- Veeam Endpoint Backup
- Veeam Backup and Replication
Here is a quick walk through on the solution:
1. Perform backup of entire volume using Veeam Endpoint Backup. Refer to http://www.ms4u.info/2016/03/backup-your-laptop-or-physical-server.html about Veeam Endpoint Backup. ver1.5
2. Transfer your backup to Veeam Backup and Replication Repository.
3. Use Veeam Backup and Replication Console to "export disk contents as virtual disk"
- VMDK - Vmware format
- VHD or VHDX - Hyper-V format
At the end, you will get a virtual disk according to your hypervisor platform.
Sunday, March 20, 2016
Friday, March 18, 2016
Veeam has just released a new version for Veeam Endpoint Backup which allow you to backup your laptop, desktop and even physical server. Guess what? It's FREE!
Requirement to install:
- Windows 7 or later
- Windows Server 2008 R2 or later. However at this moment Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview version are not supported.
- Ability to select days for daily backup
- Auto ejection of removable media.
- Ability to set avoid weekend backup or only perform backup on weekly
- Ability to perform backup once powered on when computer is shutdown during backup windows
- Ability to perform standalone full backup to another location.
- Built-in email notification. You will able to receive backup job status reports by email without having to check the status from the console.
- Enhanced file level backup performance by up to 10%
- Enhanced file level backup inclusion and exclusion logic for added file exclusion reliability.
- Job retries are now suspended automatically when device is running off battery. This prevent battery drain.
- Job progress is now displayed in the taskbar.
- Wi-Fi signal strength is now displayed in the Recovery Media boot screen to inform you about possibility of connectivity issue.
- Experimental ability to skip bad blocks (via a registry value).
Feel free to check out yourself. Interested, - click here to download.
Sunday, March 13, 2016
- HP StoreVirtual VSA [FREE 1TB] - http://www8.hp.com/us/en/products/data-storage/free-vsa.html
- Veeam Backup and Replication v9 - https://www.veeam.com/availability
- ESX Server
- Vmware vCenter
Not only you can integrate with HP StoreVirtual VSA, here is the supported storage that you can integrate with :
- EMC VNX
- EMC VNX2
- EMC VNXe
- HPE 3PAR StoreServ
- HPE StoreVirtual
- HPE StoreVirtual VSA
For NetApp, all Data ONTAP based storage, including:
- NetApp FAS
- NetApp FlexArray (V-Series)
- NetApp Data ONTAP Edge
- IBM N-Series
- Download either Hyper-V or Vmware Virtual Disk
- Configure minimum of 4GB of Memory on the VSA. We tried to change it to lower but it won't work well. So min 4GB is the safe zone.
- Create a volume and present a LUN to ESX Server. Put VM into this new LUN. We put a linux VM
- Create a schedule to Snapshot a Volume to continuously perform storage storage snapshot
[Veeam Backup and Replication v9]
- Use VBR Console
- Add Storage from Storage Infrastructure workspace
- Select HP StoreVirtual, enter VSA Management IP and credential
- Next, create a backup job to backup VM which located in VSA. Below is the page that you need to configure to use Storage Snapshot.
- Click Advanced | Integration | Make sure enable backup from storage snapshot.
Friday, March 11, 2016
You will notice that content is overlapping and we are unable to view the content on every wizard page open from Veeam Backup and Replication (VBR) Console. Even we increase or decrease screen resolution, we are still unable to view the content and proceed further.
Next, we try to install stand-alone VBR Console on another machine. Yet we still having same issue.
Thanks to my team mate (Jesse, based @Beijing) suggestion, we manage to resolved it.
1. On VBR VM and host, change the font size to smaller (100%). Use control panel , go to Display.
2. Then log off your session and login again.
3. Open VBR Console and test open a wizard page. Now you will able to view and proceed with any action regarding wizard page on VBR Console.
Thursday, March 10, 2016
Monday, March 7, 2016
Today’s IT world is increasingly hybrid. Cloud-based computing has made major inroads on many areas of on-prem computing, opening new opportunities for applications and services that would never have been possible before. But the monolithic “datacenter” of yesteryear, with heavy concentrations of the products of a single vendor in place, has not been completely replaced by the Cloud. Instead it has given way to a hybrid environment that includes physical datacenters and clouds, decades-old legacy systems, licensed and open-source applications and infrastructure components, and cloud-based services from many different vendors.
With all this happening, are you aware of…
- What are the different forces that are driving adoption and deployment of hybrid cloud architectures?
- What are the major trends that make today the most innovative environment ever for business, and also the most challenging IT management environment?
- What is the current state of hybrid cloud management offerings?
If you are having problems managing your IT environment, our whitepaper will outline a framework for approaching IT management that combines excellence in IT Operations with a strong focus on business impact of IT systems.
Download Savision's free whitepaper on the Challenges of Managing IT in a Hybrid Cloud World, which will give you the answers you are looking for.
Saturday, March 5, 2016
A whitepaper about Microsoft Nano Server written by Veeam Microsoft Evangelist Mike Resseller has published. In this whitepaper, you will learned about:
To download, click here.