Not long ago, we have walkthrough about Microsoft Azure Operational Insight in this article:- http://www.ms4ucloud.info/2014/11/microsoft-azure-operational-insights_29.html
This round, we are going to look on new Intelligent Pack: Active Directory which recently released by Microsoft. Operational Insight AD Assessment Intelligence Pack assesses the risk and health of your Active Directory environment on a regular interval. It provides a prioritized list of recommendation tailored to your deployment. Let have a quick look on the beauty of AD IP.
1. Browse to Microsoft Azure Operational Insight portal:- https://preview.opinsights.azure.com/
2. Add new Intelligent Pack by click on Intelligent Pack
3. Select AD Assessment
Remember to deploy an agent into your domain controller server. We have leave an agent into our domain controller for a few days.
[ After few days….here is the result]
Oh my…the overall dashboard reported
- 5 High Priority
- 7 Low Priority
- And 83 Passed on check
[Let drill further]
The report was good as it provide explanation and highlighted that our AD issue. Example:-
- one of DC does not configure properly on the DNS
- since when our last backup of active directory database
- missing inbound replication links
- a single global catalog server
How about give a test and try out Microsoft Operational Insight in your environment. You will be surprised on the findings. Good luck on your AD IP test.