Next stop, let check out Hyper-V Manager improvement in Windows Server Technical Preview.
1. Able to specify alternate credential support. You can specify another credential when want to connecting from Windows Server Technical Preview to remote host.
Connecting to remote host which joined to domain should be an easy step. The most tedious part is when Hyper-V host running in workgroup. Been trying hard for a resolution on this part and hope below step is informative for those who are trying to remote connect to Hyper-V Host running in workgroup .
On target server
Enable-WSManCredSSP –Role Server
Configure local policy-
Computer Policy | Administrative Templates | System | Credential Delegation |
- Allow delegating fresh credentials and
- Allow delegating fresh credential with NTLM only server authentication
Set to enabled and add WSMAN/computername to list of computer
|Enable-WSManCredSSP –Role Client –DelegateComputer *|
Reboot both computer before remote connect by using Hyper-V Manager.
2. Down level management. – You can use Hyper-V Manager from Windows Server Technical Preview to manage computer running Hyper-V on
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 R2
- Windows 8
- Windows 8.1
3. Updated management protocol by using WS-MAN protocol. WS-MAN protocol by default is using port 80. Previously when want to use live migration, you’re require to set Constrained Delegation in Active Directory. But now just enabled CredSSP as listed above.