- CONNECT button is dimmed and unable to rdp into virtual machine.
- Setup Azure Site Recovery – On Premise to Azure (currently under preview)
- Test Failover or
- Perform Planned Failover or
- Perform UnPlanned Failover
Virtual Machine created from the Azure storage will encountered “CONNECT” button dimmed.
A VM created using Azure Site Recovery do not came with endpoint configure. Guess what? It’s blank. So you need to manually
1. Add a new endpoint
2. Enable RDP setting inside the virtual machine (on primary VM on-premise)
After a new has been created, you need to manually add a new endpoint. Inside the VM,
- Click Endpoint tab
- Click +ADD
- Click Add a Stand Alone Endpoint
- Name -Remote Desktop
- Protocol – TCP
- Public Port – Other port than 3389
- Private Port - 3389
Click OK. That should do the trick and now CONNECT button is enabled.