[Updated Feb 2015]
In our previous post, we have list down tool to convert from VMware VMDK to Hyper-V VHD. Hope you find it useful as it is good to have these multiple tool around when you want to get the job done. Next, we are going to list down some useful tool to do P2V – Physical to Virtual Machine conversion.
a) SCVMM 2012 R2 SP1
- This is the last version of VMM that you can use to do P2V. VMM 2012 R2 no longer has this P2V features and has retired. But you can still use the older version to assist you to do P2V.
- Require installation of VMM before perform P2V.
- Require to purchase. So cost $$$. Please check on System Center license.
- Free from Microsoft SysInternal
- Convert to VHD and VHDX
- EFI unsuported
- Download from:- http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/ee656415.aspx
- The evil “V”. No harm to use it as it is free and as alternative tool
- This tool will convert to vmdk. Then you need use the tool which we suggested from here to convert it to vhd.
- Do take note that this process of conversion is lengthy process
- Able to perform P2V
- Able to perform V2V from Vmware to Hyper-V and Migrate to Azure
- EFI unsupported
If you do know other tools, please feel free to leave a comment so we can share it out. Enjoy!