Microsoft has released UR2 for VMM 2012 R2 last week and it is time for us to apply the update. [UR2 date April, 21 2014]
As a pre-caution before applying an update, do remember to
1. Backup VMM database.
- Use DPM to backup VMM database
- Use VMM console to backup the db. Click on Settings | Select Backup
Backup-SCVMMServer -Path "C:\Backup"
2. If VMM is resides on a virtual machine, remember to create a checkpoint first so you can revert if anything happen.
Checkpoint-VM –Name (VM name)
Ready to apply UR2 – On VMM Management Server & Console
1. Download UR2 from here
2. Open command prompt with an administrator right
|Apply KB2932926 first|
msiexec /update kb2932926_vmmserver_amd64
Next, apply KB2932942
msiexec /update kb2932942_AdminConsole_amd64
On VMM Database Server
Note:- get the sql script from here.
1. Open SQL Server Management Studio.
2. Open New Query,paste the sql script & execute the script to VMMDatabase
3. Restart the VMM Server
1. Open VMM Console, navigate to Fabric and notice that Hyper-V Host status indicated “Need Attention”. You need to update the VMM agent
The VMM version is 3.2.7510.0
Right click the host and select Update Agent
Once updated, the version of VMM agent is 3.2.7634.0