I’m encountered this error message during training material preparation.
- Product:- System Center Data Protection Manager 2012 R2
- SQL Server installed locally with DPM 2012 R2
Error ID 3001:- Reporting Services Server cannot connect to the DPM database
when configure reporting schedule.
1. Open http://ServerName/Reports
2. Open DPM Reports
3. Open DPM ReporterDataSource
4. Change this settings:-
X – Credentials stored securely in the report server and enter the credential that have access to DPM Database
X – Use as Windows credentials when connecting to the data source
5. Click Test Connection and make sure the connection created successfully and click Apply
6. Re-configure DPM reporting schedule.
Found this solution from Technet Forum