- Windows Server 2012 R2 Hyper-V
- Import a VM from one host to another Hyper-V Host running Windows Server 2012 R2
- Able to successful import the VMs but unable to start the VM.
- You will received an error message when start the imported VMs : “The security ID structure is invalid (0x80070539)
Temporary solution that I’ve tested to make the VM running:-
1. You can remove the VM configuration and re-create VM configuration and map back to existing virtual disk.
2. Able to test boot up the virtual machine without any problem but I need to re-assign back the ip address.
[Updated 17 Jan 2014-Better Solution]
Thanks to Ben, our Hyper-V Program Manager which provide a better solution for granting access to the account
1. Once you have imported the VM and receive an error message as listed above.
2. Open Powershell and execute the following command
Grant-VMConnectAccess –Username (user account to boot the VM) –VMName (Virtual machine name)
|Grant-VMConnectAccess –Username administrator –VMName RED-DC01|
3. Test boot up the virtual machine
I was able to boot up the virtual machine after execute above command.
Do give it a try if you face the similar problem.