a) Windows Server 2008 R2 Domain Controller
b) Has decommissioning an additional domain controller (DC1) and currently has DC2. Before that, Global catalog has set on DC2. FSMO roles has transferred to DC2. Then use ntdsutil to verify that the roles has moved to DC2. Entire FSMO roles is listed as DC2.
c) Test pc join to domain but failed.
d) Execute command “Dcdiag” tool to verify the domain controller is working fine. The end result showed
- Unable to contact PDC Emulator server
- Group policy failed to process
e) Use command “net share” to verify Sysvol and Netlogon share is available. However it is not listed as share folder.
1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
2. Locate the following subkey in Registry Editor:
3. In the details pane, right-click SysvolReady Flag, and then click Modify.
4. In the Value data box, type 0 and then click OK.
5. Again in the details pane, right-click SysvolReady Flag, and then click Modify.
In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
6. Reboot the domain controller
The Sysvol has shared and it is working fine.