Recently on 30th April 2013, KB961804 anti-virus exclusion list has updated.
The following is the exclusion list taken from the above KB article:-
- Default virtual machine configuration directory (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V)
- Custom virtual machine configuration directories
- Default virtual hard disk drive directory (C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks)
- Custom virtual hard disk drive directories
- Custom replication data directories, if you are using Hyper-V Replica
- Snapshot directories
- Vmms.exe (Note: This file may have to be configured as a process exclusion within the antivirus software.)
- Vmwp.exe (Note: This file may have to be configured as a process exclusion within the antivirus software.)
Vmms.exe and Vmwp.exe is located in C:\Windows\System32 folder.
Additionally, when you use Live Migration together with Cluster Shared Volumes, exclude the CSV path "C:\Clusterstorage" and all its subdirectories.
For other Microsoft products, you can check out from this site.