Been searching around and test remote application that is suitable to remote desktop Windows Server 2012 Hyper-V from my nexus 7 (android tablet). Finally I manage to find one out of thousand app available from Google Play. In this post, we are going to look into how to remote to your Hyper-V server from your android tablet / phone.
1. Download SplashTop 2 –Remote Desktop app from Google Play to your Android Tablet. – click here
2. Download streamer program and install into your Hyper-V Server. – click here
Configuration on the Hyper-V Server
1. After install the streamer program, create a SplashTop account
2. Configure Security option to control how secure when connect to your server. I’ve added “security code”
3. Configure Advanced option by entering your Google Account so you can remote desktop to your server from anywhere. Default port is 6783
Configuration on your android tablet (example: My Nexus 7)
The following is the screenshot taken by using my Nexus 7 tablet. (please click the picture to view)
1. Enter the splashtop account that you’ve created in above step.
2. Once authenticated, your Hyper-V server should now be streaming directly to your android tablet. Change the display setting or Just select your Hyper-V Server
3. Enter security code that you’ve entered in previous step
Sample Hyper-V Server screen
Tips on using Splashtop
Give it a try if you got an android device. This is just one of tool that I use to manage servers from my Nexus 7. Enjoy!