It’s time to perform an upgrade for your old DPM server. There is no direct upgrade to DPM 2012 SP1 from DPM 2010. So you need to follow below upgrade steps. I’m a bit stubborn and want to give it a try but an error message posted below stop me from proceed further.
So here is the step on how i perform an upgrade DPM 2010 to DPM 2012 SP1
- Operating system must be Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1
1. Backup DPM 2010 Database by using SQL Management Studio
2. Install DPM 2010 with QFE 7
- DPM 2010 –> DPM 2010 QFE7
3. Perform an in-place upgrade
- DPM 2010 with QFE –> DPM 2012
4. Then install DPM 2012 with CU3
- DPM 2012 –> DPM 2012 CU3
5. Once you’ve installed with CU3, perform an in-place upgrade DPM 2012 to DPM 2012 SP1.
Well, after complete the upgrade,remember to upgrade DPM agent for the entire protection server. Good luck on your upgrade process.