- Installed with DPM 2012 SP1 Beta
- Installed with VMM 2012 SP1 Beta with SQL Server 2012
- Unable to backup or create initial recovery point when select VMM Express Writer backup in DPM 2012 SP1 Beta
Event log reported, the following error message “Login failed for user NT Authority\SYSTEM. Reason: Failed to Open Explicitly Database VirtualManagerDB”
1. On the VMM Server, open SQL Manager Studio
2. Connect to the SQL 2012 instance | select and expand Security | select and expand Logins | right click on the NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM and select Properties | click on Server Roles |
3. Make sure, sysadmin role is CHECKED.
4. On the DPM Server, perform consistency check on the VMM protection group. That should resolve the issue.