Further monitoring using synthetic transaction. The goal is to verify that the service is up and running especially on database or website from a client. You need to make sure that the website and database is 100% working. To do that, this is where you need to use a client to simulate a testing and access to the services. In today blog. I'm going to further monitor on VMM SSP 2.0 database and the SSP Portal. The DITSC Database and SSP Portal is critical to make sure Private Cloud is working and accessible by the internal organization.
In SCOM 2007 R2, you will have 7 Management Pack template to allow you to create synthetic transaction.
1. Let start on the database. Click on Authoring | Management Pack Template | OLE DB Source | Add Monitoring Wizard
2. Select OLE DB Data Source
3. Provide a name and select a new management pack.
4. Define a connection string to SQL server using Build button. Enter a sample query and Execute Test . Make sure the result is successful.
5. On set query performance thresholds, click Next
6. On watcher node, select a client and how often that you want the watcher to perform a testing.
Repeat the same process to create a synthetic transaction on the website using TCP Port.
To verify , use the Monitoring pane and check on Synthetic Transaction. It should reported “Healthy”.