MAP leverages on Active Directory, WMI, the Remote Registry Service, and/or Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) to collect data. Let start to look on how to use MAP.
I'm assume that you've download MAP from the above link.
1. Start by create an inventory database
2.Then you must run Inventory and Assessment Wizard to start assess your environment.
2. Next , select the computer discovery method.
3. On each discovery method, MAP require specific information to be entered in order to perform discovery. Enter the data and the choosen discovery method will assess the environment. Once complete, click on the Discovery and Readliness and select "Windows Server 2008 R2" or Virtual Machine Discovery.
4. On the Action , click on Generate a report. Wait until the task is completed.
5. Once completed, go to menu bar, select View > Save report and proposal to view the report in word / excel format.