After the installation of Hyper V roles, you need to configure the default Hyper V setting. Global Hyper V settings represent the basic setting that you will use during managing hyper v.
1. Open the Hyper V Manager
2. In the Action Pane, click Hyper V setting
3. Under Server section, click Virtual Hard Disk. Change the default location to another drive than C:\ drive. It is advisable to store to a partition which is larger hard disk space and avoid storing in C:\ drive. e.g: F:\Data\Virtual\HyperV\VMDisk. This is the default folder to store virtual hard disk.
4. Under Server section, click Virtual Machine. Change the default location to another drive than C:\ drive. e.g: F:\Data\Virtual\HyperV\VmFiles. This is the default folder to store virtual configuration files.
5. Under User section, you may want to change the Mouse release key to Ctrl + Alt + Space. Some monitor (for example:Dell) is using Ctrl + Alt + Left Arrow to change setting. You may wan to avoid using the same key.
6. Review the rest of the configuration. Click Ok once complete