Let start to check if your package has successful deploy to the collection.
1. To force Initiate Action, go to Configuration Manager icon in the Control panel.
- Initiate Action for
Wait for a while. On the bottom of right side in the taskbar, a balloon tip appeared to indicate that a program is going to install in few minute.
You can click on the ballon tip to view type of program which going to installed. You can either wait or click Run to start the installation.
2. There are several way to verify the software distribution. 1st Check on the Event Viewer.
3. On the Configuration manager, go to System Status and expand Advertisement Status. Select the package, right click and select show Messages for All.
4. The system will displayed software distribution started for Windows Vista client.
5. Another way to verify is using Reporting in the SCCM Configuration Manager.
Please refer to below figure which display the type of report that you can generate for software distribution.
6. Select Collection:- Vista with client installed.
7. Report indicated successful of package deployment to windows vista client.
That's concluded the software distribution guide.